The Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America, Inc. is interested in candidates for membership who have the experience and desire to protect and advance the interests of the breed; to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and performance trials; to accept the Standard of the Breed, as approved by the AKC, as the only standard of excellence by which Pembroke Welsh Corgis shall be judged; to conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows and obedience trials under the rules of the AKC and to support fully the PWCCA Code of Ethics. To this end, the following requirements and membership process have been adopted:
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES:
- Owner of Pembroke Welsh Corgis for at least the last five years.
- Member of an AKC licensed Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club or any AKC licensed dog club (or foreign equivalent) for four years, with documented active involvement.
- Meaningful experience as an exhibitor, breeder and/or club member and worker for at least the last four years.
- A demonstrable adherence to the breeding and selling practices as described in the PWCCA Code of Ethics.
- Exhibition of good sportsmanship in all phases of dog activities.
- Proposed/endorsed by two current PWCCA members who have known the candidate for at least the last four years.
- Attended two PWCCA membership meetings.